Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bondi Icebergs - Sydney




Saturday 3 May 2008 - Water Temp 17.8 C
This has to be one of the most spectacular pools I've swum in. It was pretty cold and I only made 600m before seeing icicles forming in my eyeball fluid. Soft I know, but I'm the first to admit to being a fair weather swimmer. Although the tide was out and the waves weren't coming over the edge, I could feel some sort of current but couldn't work out where it was coming from. The first couple of laps were painful but became quite pleasurable for a while - that fine line between pleasure and pain - before my arms began to go slightly numb and my brain froze. Straight out of the pool and into the most gorgeous warm shower where at first I thought I'd been stung all over by sea lice but soon realised this was just some sort of physiological re-adjustment. Next into the most awe inspiring sauna in the world with breathtaking views across the bay towards North Bondi. I just sat and watched the bondi surfers - for how long, I'm not sure. Afterwards the Crab Hole served me a delicious smoked salmon, goats cheese and rocket toasted sandwich and a nice strong latte while I sat in the sunshine and contemplated life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo. Can't wait to get to try out that pool!! Fantastic blog!
Sam